Selva Kumar is an Android Devices Enthusiast, Who Can Talk and Write About Anything If You Give a Hint About the respective devices. He is a Computer Science Graduate and Certified Android Developer, Making His Career towards this Technology. He is always eager to try new Android devices — not only Software level but Hardware-level Also.
- If you’ve found a bug in the pre-built OpenGApps.org packages you can report it at the XDA Open GApps Development Thread.
- Do let me know in the comment section if you have encountered any issues while installing custom Rom on your device.
- So remember that it only supports flashing fastboot firmware but not OTA.
- If you want to add additional features to your device, you may need to resort to a custom ROM.
- Over the years, Xiaomi has become the golden boy of the Indian smartphone market.
- I appreciated the generosity of people that recognized my work and decided to give me some money.
You can also watch video reviews, leave a review of your own, take a look at the prices and buy the device of your choosing. Xiaomi always releases a bunch of mobiles in the same series with slight modifications. Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 and Note 8T are the same with slight RAM and Body dimension stock ROM (firmware) changes.
Xiaomi has also matured as a smartphone OEM — practices that were previously shoddy and questionable have matured and evolved into better practices as the company figured its way around. And while there’s definitely always room to improve for even the best of entities, Xiaomi is at a good spot as a smartphone OEM right now, one where they can be proud and humble at the same time. Redmi Note 8 Pro users will be delighted to know that developers have now released several custom ROMs for the device along with a Google Camera port. Xiaomi’s Redmi sub-brand has been in the limelight for the right reasons. The Redmi Note 7 series has helped Xiaomi retain the top spot in the Indian market for the 8th consecutive quarter, contributing to over 5.5 Million units sold within the first five months of launch. Redmi also entered the premium segment with the Redmi K20 Pro, dubbed as the ‘Flagship Killer 2.0’ by Xiaomi itself.
XiaoMiTool will try to unbrick your device with the best procedure available. It will use both fastboot and the stock recovery to flash a stock rom, wiping the data partition. In some cases the device might not be unbricked with this tool, for example if it is hard-bricked. This guide talks about using Recovery ROMs to update a device. Generally, beginners face problems booting Xiaomi devices into Fastboot Mode to flash files. You can find all MIUI versions of all MIUI ROMs you are looking for from our application.